TRAINING FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY IN CHILD CARE
The safety of children in your care is always the highest priority in any child care program. SafeGard Classes Online offers many online classes on health and safety-related topics to help you keep your kids safe and meet your state's licensing requirements.
The federal government also passed the Reauthorization of Child Development Block Grant http://childcareaware.org/prov
- Emergency preparedness, disaster and evacuation plans and procedures;
- Safe sleep procedures including prevention of sudden infant death syndrome,
- Shaken baby syndrome, abusive head trauma, and child maltreatment;
- Routine and emergency health care including health exclusions, prevention and recognition of the symptoms of childhood illnesses, including reportable communicable diseases;
- Prevention and response to emergencies due to food allergies;
- Building and physical premises safety;
- Handling and storage of hazardous materials; proper disposal of bio-contaminants;
- Safety measures in transporting children, if applicable, and
- Recognition of the symptoms of child abuse and neglect, the child abuse and neglect law and reporting requirements, and the center’s procedures to report abuse and neglect.
Click on any of the topics above to see our online classes for that topic or see all our classes in these categories: