Promotes preparation for an emergency. This class identifies 3 types of 72-hour kits (standard, first aid, and activity) and discusses their creation and use.
Goal: to identify emergency situations and ensure preparedness.
NOTE FOR WA STATE PROVIDERS : As per PD Policy 405 of DCYF, this class can no longer be used for STARS credit ( in service hours) in Washington State
This mobile-friendly class is accessible on any device, including tablets and phones.
Disaster Planning for Child Care Facilities
Goal: to identify emergency situations, be able to develop an emergency plan, and know what materials and supplies to have available to ensure preparedness
Table of Contents
- Identify Possible Emergencies
- Disaster Supplies
- 72-hour Kit
- Develop Plan
- Prepare for Emergencies
After completing this class, the student will be able to:
- list the materials needed for an emergency kit
- discuss how to develop an emergency plan
- identify your responsibilities in an emergency
- explain what to do in an emergency situation