RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
This is a trying time for us all and we would like to offer some resources to help you take care of your children and yourselves. We will continue to update this with information and ideas as them become available.
Remember, your kids are stressed too! Times like these can lead to ongoing power struggles with your kids!! If you’re tired from constantly putting out fires then it’s time to get proactive.
- Check-in with yourself. Your little ones absorb your energy.
- Get curious. Ask your child what they already know (you may be surprised!)
- Highlight your child as the hero! “What is something we can do for others today?”
- Get in green time where you can. An excess of screens leads to brain dysregulation, get outdoors and break it up.
- Be a student! Invite your kids to teach you something!
- Share and be open. Tell stories about your childhood.
- Normalise worry! Talk to your kids about your big feelings and how you monitor your own stress.
- Simplify your schedule. Don’t worry about filling every hour of every day. It’s okay to be bored sometimes.
- Know your child’s body clock. Mornings, early afternoons and evenings kiddos need downtime.
- Stay hydrated!! Being thirsty evokes stress in the brain leading to dysregulation.
- Practise mindfulness. You’ll be so glad you did!
We wish everyone a safe and healthy environment and a swift recovery for anyone affected by these outbreaks.