UPDATE: The CDA Council will be offering a Renewal Amnesty Program again this January 2020!
Don't miss this opportunity!
We all forget important tasks every once in a while but this one doesn't have to come back to haunt you. If you missed the renewal for your CDA Credential, here's your mulligan! Until Dec 29, 2017, the CDA Council's Renewal Amnesty Program is allowing anyone who missed their CDA renewal as far back as January 1, 2007, to apply for renewal online.
The program provides a waiver of the CDA holder's expiration deadline but you will still need to complete the renewal requirements, including 45-hours of continued educational training.
CDA Renewal Requirements:
- Attend continuing education or training courses in the setting of your original credential (Training taken after the issue date, not older than 5 years)
- Choose an early childhood education (ECE) professional to complete your recommendation
- Achieve First Aid and Infant/Child (Pediatric) CPR certification
- Work with young children in the setting of your original credential
- Join or renew your membership in a national or local early childhood professional organization
Additional Requirements for the Amnesty Program:
- All CDA® Renewal applications and required documentation must be submitted online (Paper applications are not permitted under the Amnesty Program).
- Renewal applicants must use the online YourCDA portal (create an online Renewal account).
- Amnesty renewal candidates must submit payment - $125 online renewal fee by December 29, 2017.
- All renewals submitted under the amnesty program must be complete and meet all five renewal requirements (applications that do not meet the five renewal requirements will be rejected)
We'd like to lend a hand in taking this important step. Until the December 29th deadline for the Amnesty Program, SafeGard Classes Online is offering a $50 discount on any 45-hour CDA Renewal training package. Even if your CDA has not expired, take advantage of this offer. Since our classes never expire, you can complete your training whenever you need!
We're also offering this discount on any 120-hour CDA training package so if you're really ambitious, go for another.....or, maybe just tell a friend!
To take advantage of this offer, select your package and enter 50offCDA in the Apply Discount Code box at checkout.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, all our classes earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) so you can be assured of high-quality classes that will meet the requirements for your renewal. We're also a Proud Partner to the CDA Council and are able to support all CDA candidates in their journey to earn their initial or renewal credential.
What are the benefits of the Child Development Associate® Credentials?
- An opportunity for career advancement
- Meet your current or future job requirements
- Reinforce your commitment to early childhood education
- Build trust with your children's parents
- Understand developmentally appropriate practice
- Increase your personal and professional confidence
Watch this inspiring video about several teachers’ experience with earning their Child Development Associate® (CDA) Credentials.
So, no need for more hand-wringing about letting your CDA lapse. Take advantage of the CDA Council's Renewal Amnesty program and it will be like "oops, I forgot" never happened--mums the word! And, if you're still on the fence about earning your CDA, it's never been a better time to get started!
- CDA Credential Overview
- CDA Renewal Procedures Guides
- How to upload documents to Your CDA Renewal Portal
- Do I Need a CDA?
- How Teacher Training Influences the Quality of Child Care
"Don’t look back—you’re not going that way"