General Nutrition (for parents)
The class is also available as part of the below Knowledge Collections
Discusses various nutrients and their importance to good health, identifies healthy sources for those nutrients, identifies ways to reduce fat, sodium and sugar, and provides guidance on selecting and preparing foods.
What is Good Nutrition?
Approved or Accepted in:
- Be able to identify different nutrients that are needed for good health
- Understand how Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron function in the body
- Identify what foods are good sources of important vitamins and minerals
- Be able to identify ways to reduce the fat, sodium, and sugar content of meals
- Use food labels to make wise purchasing decisions
- Be able to modify food preparation techniques to avoid destruction of important nutrients